Ralston Preschool Belief Statements
- Children and families are the heart of our programs.
- Each child and family is unique and must be treated with dignity and respect.
- The cooperative efforts of the student's family, school and community are essential for education.
- Everyone learns in diverse ways.
- Learning is a lifelong process for everyone.
- A safe and caring environment encourages learning.
- All individuals and families can achieve success through experiences.
- An awareness of multicultural diversity enriches students' lives.
The Ralston Preschool programs have chosen Creative Curriculum GOLD. The goals and objectives in this curriculum assist teachers in planning lessons and are used as a way to assess students and determine how each child is progressing. Creative Curriculum GOLD is a developmental continuum that shows each child's progress. Early childhood lessons are based upon the following beliefs: children learn through play, teachers assess student needs and plan for those needs, lessons are based upon previously learned skills, and seasonal themes and centers are used.
Expectations in School
Rules for Preschool
1. Hands to yourself
2. Quiet voice
3. Walking feet
4. Listening ears
5. Be a good friend
Rules for the Playground
1. What on the ground stays
2. Up the steps, down the slide feet first
3. Good guys only
4. Wait for your turn
5. Line up