Ralston Preschool Belief Statements
- Children and families are the heart of our programs.
- Each child and family is unique and must be treated with dignity and respect.
- The cooperative efforts of the student's family, school and community are essential for education.
- Everyone learns in diverse ways.
- Learning is a lifelong process for everyone.
- A safe and caring environment encourages learning.
- All individuals and families can achieve success through experiences.
- An awareness of multicultural diversity enriches students' lives.
The Ralston Preschool programs have chosen Creative Curriculum GOLD as our framework. The goals and objectives in this curriculum assist teachers in planning lessons and are used as a way to assess students and determine how each child is progressing. Creative Curriculum GOLD is a developmental continuum that shows each child's progress. Early childhood lessons are based upon the following beliefs: children learn through play, teachers assess student needs and plan for those needs, lessons are based upon previously learned skills, and seasonal themes and centers are used. Supporting curriculum for interdisciplinary learning comes from Get Set for School, including (but not limited to...) Handwriting Without Tears, Language & Literacy and Math & Numeracy.
Expectations in School
Respect Yourself. Respect Others. Respect Property.
1. Listening Ears: Listen (to the speaker), Look (at the speaker) and Learn (from the speaker.)
2. Quiet Voices: Inside voices are low.
3. Be a Good Friend: Nice words, solutions, helping out & more...
4. Safe Bodies: Keep your hands, feet and whole body all to yourself.
5. Walking Feet: Inside feet must walk.
6. Clean Up: Respect our property.
1. What's on the ground, stays on the ground.
2. Up the stairs. Down the slides. Feet first and on your bottom.
3. Be a Good Friend - Good Guys & Girls ONLY.
4. Wait your turn.
5. Line Up with the whistle.